Application Deadline: March 1
Looking for information about this program before applying?
Learn about the B.S. in Arts and Entertainment Technologies
Things to Know Before Applying
- Students are admitted for the fall semester only
- External Transfer applications are for any non-UT student who has taken college-level courses post high school or after receiving a GED.
- Applicants must be have completed at least 24 hours of transferrable credit before June 1st in order to be considered for admission for the Fall.
- To learn how courses taken at other Texas colleges will transfer to UT Austin, consult the Office of Admissions' Automated Transfer Equivalency (ATE) system. The Department of AET advises prospective transfers to focus on taking coursework that fulfill university core credit via the ATE system.
- All incoming students to the Department of AET must have a laptop computer. Read more about the department’s laptop requirements.
- Follow the Office of Admissions instructions to submit an online application, application fee (or waiver), essays, transcripts, resume, and other required items.
When prompted in the online application, enter your first-choice major as:
- B.S. Arts & Entertainment Technologies (500200)
- Submit all of your required application materials to the Office of Admissions by March 1.
Is anything else required to be considered for a major in Arts and Entertainment Technologies (AET)?
Currently, we do not require a portfolio or audition to be considered for the AET major as an external transfer; all admissions decisions are made by UT’s Office of Admissions based on a holistic review.
We do encourage students to highlight their interests, experiences, and coursework related to the AET major within their required UT application materials. Be sure to highlight any experience with:
- Making games or working with game technology
- Computer programming
- Building objects and experiences with electronics
- Traditional art transformed through technology
- Live performance and theater technologies
- Social media and mobile app development
- Other involvements related to the arts & entertainment technologies industries
Have questions? Need additional information? Reach out to our SDCT admissions coordinator!