Application Deadline: Dec. 1
Looking for information about this program before applying?
Learn about the B.S. in Arts and Entertainment Technologies
For prospective freshman students
1. Complete the admission (ApplyTexas) application to UT Austin.
Things to Know
- When prompted in the application, AET has to be your first choice major selection. (Arts and Entertainment Technologies (500200))
- Applicants will only be considered for admission to one major in the department.
- All applicants must submit the required three short answers on the ApplyTexas application.
- No additional portfolio or audition is required for admission, but optional portfolios may be submitted that show examples of student work in animation, gaming, video, digital art or music. Portfolios can be submitted by email to Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management Shelton Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We recommend that you submit a resume highlighting your involvement in the visual and performing arts, technology-related hobbies or student organizations and other experiences that have informed your interest in the arts and entertainment technologies. Resumes can be submitted by email to Shelton Lewis at email@example.com.
2. Track the status of your application materials.
After you submit your university application, you’ll receive an email that includes your UT EID (university digital identification), allowing you to access the MyStatus website at admissions.utexas.edu/mystatus.
Questions about freshman admissions? Contact Shelton Lewis, Director of Recruitment and Enrollment Management for the College of Fine Arts.