Application Opens: Feb. 1 via GetAcceptd
Application Deadline: Apr. 1
Looking for information about this program before applying?
Learn more about the B.S. in Arts and Entertainment Technologies
The Bachelor of Science in Arts and Entertainment Technologies (B.S. AET) is a degree offered by the Department of Arts and Entertainment Technologies within the School of Design and Creative Technologies and a component of the 2018-2020 degree catalog. The internal transfer/major change process is for current University of Texas at Austin students who are applying to enter the College of Fine Arts and the B.S. AET degree program.
UT Austin students who have completed no more than four long semesters (fall or spring) or 60 hours in-residence are eligible for internal transfer.
As of October 2019, the Department of Arts and Entertainment Technologies officially allows simultaneous majors. Please note that this does not change the admissions requirements for AET or other programs. For those interested in pursuing a double major, be sure to meet with your academic advisers to ensure you can complete the requirements for a dual degree.
Priority consideration will be given to students who demonstrate a timely pathway to graduation and who have a 3.0 or higher GPA. Current UT Austin students should review the university’s policies on internal transfers.
It is highly recommended that students review the B.S. AET Degree Guidelines before applying.
Application Deadline: April 1st, 2020
The application for internal transfer (change of major) or adding a simultaneous major in Arts and Entertainment Technologies is submitted through GetAcceptd. Follow the steps below and submit all materials by the deadline above. The application portal typically opens early each Spring semester.
- Create a GetAcceptd account. If you need technical assistance with GetAcceptd, refer to their support section.
- Complete all general questions and your Statement of Interest, which should explain the personal and professional goals you have for the area in which you are applying to study.
- Complete ONE of the required prompts within the application:
- Submit 3 examples of your art/design/technology projects. For each project, include details about goals, the process you used to accomplish those goals, and how you evaluate results OR
- Submit 3 photos taken with a smartphone or camera, and a proposal of how you would transform the scene, experience, or imagery depicted in each photo using art, design, and technology. Include details about goals, the process you would use toward those goals, and how you would evaluate results.
- Letters of recommendation are not necessary and will not be reviewed as part of any application.
- Submit your completed GetAcceptd application by April 1st, 2020.
School of Design and Creative Technologies
Phone: (512) 471-0913