To set up a one-on-one appointment with Industry Relations, click here.
Adobe Software Alternatives
Special thanks to Quze for compiling this list.
+ Adobe Photoshop Alternatives
- Affinity Photo (one-time purchase)
- Pixelmator Pro (one-time purchase)
- GIMP (free)
- Paint.NET (free)
- Krita (free)
- Photopea (free)
- Darktable (free)
+ Adobe Illustrator Alternatives
- Affinity Designer (one-time purchase)
- Corel Draw (one-time purchase)
- Inkscape (free)
- Boxy SVG (free)
- Vectr (free)
- Krita (free)
+ Adobe InDesign Alternatives
+ Adobe XD Alternatives
+ Adobe Dreamweaver Alternatives
+ Adobe After Effects Alternatives
+ Adobe Animate Alternatives
+ Adobe Audition Alternatives
+ Industry Relations' Virtual Career Fair Sessions
- Careers in Music & Sound: A Fireside Chat with Andy Stoltz
- Q&A Session with Karel Vredenburg of IBM Design
+ Industry Relations' State of the Industry Webinars
- Webinar 1: Meg Marsh from argodesign, Marc Evans from Double A Labs, and Justin Rankin from Gensler
- Webinar 2: Bill Dyer from Nokia, Melissa Swanepoel and Patrick Curry from FarBridge Studio, and Eric Bee from R/GA
- Webinar 3: Vern Howard, CEO at Hallo
There are many videos on this page, but our top two picks discuss Job Searching During COVID-19 with Camille Eden, VP of Animation Recruitment at Nickelodeon, and Ariel Goldberg, Director of Talent Acquisition at Skydance Animation.
The theme of 2020’s Summit was “Reimagining the Future: Race, Solidarity and the Culture of Work.” Part One features panels on the intersectionality of race and work culture in the animation industry, and Part Two focuses on changes brought about by virtual collaboration during the pandemic.
This virtual panel hosted by The Hive features human-centered designers Gail Gallaher, Victor Saad, and Timothy Moore. They discuss what design looks like for them in these changing times, how they practice design outside of their work life, and how a student might approach a career in design.
In this insightful conversation, New York Times bestselling author and New York Magazine Senior Art Critic Jerry Saltz discusses his new book, How To Be an Artist. Watch the recording via SXSW Sessions Online.
- Acing an Online Job Interview:
Alison Mann: Animation Talent Scout: How do top animation studios find talent? Recruiters like Alison Mann. In this LinkedIn Learning interview, Alison explains how she finds artists and animators for feature films at Paramount Animation.
- Animation Foundations: Gestures: Directing animator Andrew Gordon (Pixar) walks through the principles of gesture in animation, from hand and facial gestures to whole body poses.
Walt Disney Company
+ Follow Mk Haley on Twitter
You must be a junior or above to participate in the Imaginations competition, so if you're looking for experience as an underclassman, the Disney College Program may be for you.
Many internships can be posted up to 6 months in advance, so students should always be ready to apply when something of interest is posted. Although it is not a rule, in general Disney takes Professional Interns around their junior year. Start looking around December/January timeframe for Summer 2020 roles.
Themed Entertainment Resources
Save a copy of this Google Sheet to track your job and internship search.
An in-depth look into computer design and modern contemporary design with some of the world's most highly regarded designers. (Netflix subscription required)