To set up a one-on-one appointment with Industry Relations, click here.
Spring 2022 Career City Limits Recordings
Suggested for every SDCT student:
+ April 15
- T3 (A Material Company) (Visual Design/Advertising)
+ April 8
+ April 1
- StudioSIX5 (Interior Design)
+ March 25
+ March 11
+ March 4
+ February 25
+ February 18
- The Walt Disney Company (Entertainment)
+ February 11
+ February 4
- FarBridge (Game Development & Design)
+ January 28
+ January 21
- Respawn (Game Development & Design)
Fall 2021 Career City Limits Recordings
+ November 19
+ November 12
+ November 5
+ October 22
+ October 15
+ October 8
+ October 1
+ September 24
+ September 17
Adobe Software Alternatives
Special thanks to Quze for compiling this list.
+ Adobe Photoshop Alternatives
- Affinity Photo (one-time purchase)
- Pixelmator Pro (one-time purchase)
- GIMP (free)
- Paint.NET (free)
- Krita (free)
- Photopea (free)
- Darktable (free)
+ Adobe Illustrator Alternatives
- Affinity Designer (one-time purchase)
- Corel Draw (one-time purchase)
- Inkscape (free)
- Boxy SVG (free)
- Vectr (free)
- Krita (free)
+ Adobe InDesign Alternatives
+ Adobe XD Alternatives
+ Adobe Dreamweaver Alternatives
+ Adobe After Effects Alternatives
+ Adobe Animate Alternatives
+ Adobe Audition Alternatives
Presented in partnership with the Center for Creative Entrepreneurship
Click here to access the accompanying slide deck from Jessica Lam, Client Solutions Manager at LinkedIn.
+ Industry Relations' Virtual Career Fair Sessions
- Careers in Music & Sound: A Fireside Chat with Andy Stoltz
- Q&A Session with Karel Vredenburg of IBM Design
+ Industry Relations' State of the Industry Webinars
- Webinar 1: Meg Marsh from argodesign, Marc Evans from Double A Labs, and Justin Rankin from Gensler
- Webinar 2: Bill Dyer from Nokia, Melissa Swanepoel and Patrick Curry from FarBridge Studio, and Eric Bee from R/GA
- Webinar 3: Vern Howard, CEO at Hallo
There are many videos on this page, but our top two picks discuss Job Searching During COVID-19 with Camille Eden, VP of Animation Recruitment at Nickelodeon, and Ariel Goldberg, Director of Talent Acquisition at Skydance Animation.
The theme of 2021’s Summit was “The Business Case for Diversity.”
This virtual panel hosted by The Hive features human-centered designers Gail Gallaher, Victor Saad, and Timothy Moore. They discuss what design looks like for them in these changing times, how they practice design outside of their work life, and how a student might approach a career in design.
In this insightful conversation, New York Times bestselling author and New York Magazine Senior Art Critic Jerry Saltz discusses his new book, How To Be an Artist. Watch the recording via SXSW Sessions Online.
- How to Write an Interview-Winning Resume
- Professionally Written Resume Examples
- Targeted Resume Writing Tips
- How to Write a Combination Resume: The Ultimate Guide
- Acing an Online Job Interview:
Alison Mann: Animation Talent Scout: How do top animation studios find talent? Recruiters like Alison Mann. In this LinkedIn Learning interview, Alison explains how she finds artists and animators for feature films at Paramount Animation.
- Animation Foundations: Gestures: Directing animator Andrew Gordon (Pixar) walks through the principles of gesture in animation, from hand and facial gestures to whole body poses.
Explore career guides with detailed information about salaries, job outlook and the certifications needed for pursuing a career in various tech disciplines such as UX design, graphic design, game design and development, and more!
Walt Disney Company
+ Follow Mk Haley on Twitter
You must be a junior or above to participate in the Imaginations competition, so if you're looking for experience as an underclassman, the Disney College Program may be for you.
Many internships can be posted up to 6 months in advance, so students should always be ready to apply when something of interest is posted. Although it is not a rule, in general Disney takes Professional Interns around their junior year. Start looking around December/January timeframe for Summer 2020 roles.
Explore job listings, meetups, conferences and more. (Courtesy of FarBridge CEO Patrick Curry)
Save a copy of this Google Sheet to track your job and internship search.
An in-depth look into computer design and modern contemporary design with some of the world's most highly regarded designers. (Netflix subscription required)