+ Industry Relations' State of the Industry Webinars
- Webinar 1: Meg Marsh from argodesign, Marc Evans from Double A Labs, and Justin Rankin from Gensler
- Webinar 2: Bill Dyer from Nokia, Melissa Swanepoel and Patrick Curry from FarBridge Studio, and Eric Bee from R/GA
There are many videos on this page, but our top two discuss Job Searching During COVID-19 with Camille Eden, VP of Animation Recruitment at Nickelodeon, and Ariel Goldberg, Director of Talent Acquisition at Skydance Animation. (Both are featured at the top.)
This virtual panel hosted by The Hive features human-centered designers Gail Gallaher, Victor Saad, and Timothy Moore. They discuss what design looks like for them in these changing times, how they practice design outside of their work life, and how a student might approach a career in design.
In this insightful conversation, New York Times bestselling author and New York Magazine Senior Art Critic Jerry Saltz discusses his new book, How To Be an Artist. Watch the recording via SXSW Sessions Online.
Wednesdays, 12:00pm-1:00pm on Zoom
- June 24: Job & Internship Search Skills
- July 8: Resumes
- July 15: Networking
- July: 29: Marketing & Social Media Presence
Fridays, 2:30-3:30pm on Zoom
Animation Foundations: Gestures: Directing animator Andrew Gordon (Pixar) walks through the principles of gesture in animation, from hand and facial gestures to whole body poses.
- Alison Mann: Animation Talent Scout: How do top animation studios find talent? Recruiters like Alison Mann. In this LinkedIn Learning interview, Alison explains how she finds artists and animators for feature films at Paramount Animation.
Walt Disney Company
+ Follow Walt Disney Imagineering's Mk Haley on Twitter
You must be a junior or above to participate in the Imaginations competition, so if you're looking for experience as an underclassman, the Disney College Program may be for you.
Many internships can be posted up to 6 months in advance, so students should always be ready to apply when something of interest is posted. Although it is not a rule, in general Disney takes Professional Interns around their junior year. Start looking around December/January timeframe for Summer 2020 roles.
Themed Entertainment Resources
Save a copy of this Google Sheet to track your job and internship search.
An in-depth look into computer design and modern contemporary design with some of the world's most highly regarded designers. (Netflix subscription required)