AET 372/373 Senior Design Project I & II
Fall and spring semesters, 3 hours per week. Prerequisites: Completion of all core AET coursework, including AET 101, 102, 103, 304, 310 and three lower division courses.
Course Objectives and Outcomes
This experience is meant to build on your acquired knowledge and skills and facilitate creation of a collaborative team project that would serve as a calling card to future employers or graduate schools.
Students will work on a project in teams of 3-4 people, bringing to it the skills they have acquired in previous years. Each team proposes their project in writing. Once the project is approved, the team is responsible for the concept, technical drawings/ prototypes, design, testing, implementation and presentation of their project. In addition, each team will create an online presentation of their project showcasing their research, development, documentation, and outcomes of their project. Some projects will be sponsored by industry professionals and represent current areas of concern to the sponsors. Occasionally, faculty members may propose an idea for the project. At the end of the semester, all students are required to write a reflection paper.
Learning goals will include:
- Utilize your experience and knowledge in the creation of original work or working on an industry project
- Gain experience in the design process from start to finish
- Demonstrate effective collaboration and effective communication with team members
- Conduct independent research
- Present your completed projects in a professional manner
- Start preparing for the job market